Before you have a traumatic operation, please ask your doctor these questions
- Is surgery recommended?
- If surgery is recommended, what kind?
- How big is the opening? Are stitches ever used?
- Is general anesthetic used or can the surgery be done with local/IV?
- Is bone/joint removed during the opening process of the operation?
- Is Surgery outpatient?
- How long is rehab?
- Expected return to work date.
- If you consult with a medical group, ask for the name of the doctor who will treat you and for his credentials. Then check these credentials on the medical licensing web site.